In the early 1900’s Hamilton’s population was about 51,000. During the next few years the population was rapidly increasing and by 1914 it had doubled to over 100,000. During this time believers who formerly met in the McNab Street Gospel Hall had moved to the east end of the city nearing the city limits. It was there interest to see a new testimony established in Hamilton’s east end.
In about 1913, the believers having rented a building on Rosslyn Avenue, commenced a new work in the Gospel and established another testimony to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Than in 1920, a Gospel Hall was built on a one-half lot at the corner of Kensington and Cannon Streets. Cars were scarce and believers generally lived within walking distance to the Gospel Hall. An aging building, lack of suitable parking and increasing numbers resulted in moving to its present location on Nash Road in November 2009.